HMS is the leading provider of quality solutions
If you want to stay in your home for longer while being safe and independent, choosing the best home modification provider in your local area is a great place to start. If you are living in Sutherland Shire or St George areas of Sydney, Home Modification Solutions can help.
Home modifications can include any work to your home to make it safer, more accessible and easier to use.
Research conducted in 2015 found that “Home modifications can lead to a range of health-related improvements. A majority of the research across all themes was found to support the positive effects of a home modification intervention.”
Home modifications can include:
- Major bathroom modifications using universal design and Australian Standards
- Internal and external ramps and rails to make it easier and safer for you to get in and out of your home, and to move around once inside
- Handheld showers and grab rails to make showering safer
- Bathroom modifications, such as lowering or removing the shower hob (the raised step into your shower) to make it easier to get in and out of the shower
- Removing shower screens and adding a weighted shower curtain and track
- Widening doorways to allow for wheelchairs or mobility aids
- Modification or reconstruction of steps, for example to make them a standard size, or smoother to avoid any trip hazards.
- Furniture modifications, such as raising/lowering of beds, chairs, tables
- Wedges installed at trip hazards
- Key boxes to allow care workers to access properties
Doing home modifications right
As a provider of home modifications in the Sutherland Shire, our work can improve your wellbeing and reduce or remove the need to arrange home care. However, for it to be effective it must be done right.
According to the Home Modification Clearing House there are a number of factors that could impact whether your home modifications will help, or cause harm. These include:
- Experience of the tradespeople you use in both assessing your needs and carrying out the work
- Complex and conflicting guidelines in the home modifications areas
As specialists in home, bathroom, and shower modifications in the Sutherland Shire with over 30 years’ experience in the industry, you can be assured the work our tradespeople carry out will be of the highest standard, and meet all relevant guidelines.
Occupational Therapists: We recommend all modification requests are assessed by an Occupational Therapist to ensure our client’s safety and compliance with Australian Standards. An OT referral and report is essential for any subsidised work.
If you require assistance to connect with an OT, please contact us.
All modifications work can be:
- A private job
- Subsidised via My Aged Care (for eligible customers)
- Through a Home Care Package (if funds are available)
- Via NDIS as part of your care plan
Eligibility criteria applies for Government subsidised/funded options. Find out more about funding here
Get in touch today!
CONTACT US to arrange a site visit and obligation free quote – 02 9524 1100 or click here to contact us.